Tips to stop that local tucson appliance repair company from ripping you off
It can be frustrating to come home from a long day of work, or return from a much needed vacation, and find an appliance in your home not working- which usually happens just as you are about to use them. The idea of taking a moment to relax is suddenly replaced by the realization that you cannot have this benefit after your dishwasher hose has burst or your sitting on a mount of spoiled food because your refrigerator and/or freezer stopped working.
In these cases, what measures should you take to solve the problem right away? Is a required at this point? How do you go about finding a reputable one? In today’s digital age with the ubiquitous nature of smart phones and computers, it’s easy to perform an Internet search to quickly locate an local appliance repair company or technician simply by searching terms such as “” or “”. Avoiding a company or technician that cheats you with high charges and poor appliance repair service can be something altogether.
But how can you avoid them?
The following tips can help you avoid the alliance repairman serviceman from robbing you blind while at the same time receiving quality appliance repair service.
1. Gather all information you have on the malfunctioning appliance, such as manufacturer, model, and at least a brief description of the problem before you pick up the phone. The information will make it easier for the appliance repairman to assess the situation over the phone. Having this information readily available demonstrates you to be a smart consumer. Unscrupulous Tucson appliance repair companies and technicians will always take advantage of the ignorant and uninformed.
2. Check to see if the appliance is still under warranty or guarantee. If so, locate the factory authorized service center and available repairs and service contained in the warranty or guarantee. Factory authorized service typically means the manufacturer of the unit is behind whenever something bad in the appliance has occurred and they are willing to manage repair services. Be sure to read the fine print. The end result can often mean free of charge.
3. Ask your family and friends for referrals. Word of mouth is usually a better way of finding a trustworthy tucson appliance repair company since those closest to you have first hand experience.
4. Find out if the accepts credit cards. In matters like the one above, you usually are not ready with cash to pay for services. In this case, check the yellow pages or the appliance company website to see if the company accepts credit cards. Not only does this offer you convenience, it adds more security for you as the consumer. If in any case you are not happy with the results of the service, you can always contact your credit card provider and dispute the charge.
5. Compare ads. Though not as easy to do these days with the decline of physical phone books and their use, phone books can still provide a relatively easy way to check reputation. Companies that run large ads often reveal they know where the competition is, providing a good indication that they will provide good business. After all, large ads often suggest they are building reputation and planning to stay in the appliance repair and service business for long years. However, this tactic should not be solely relied upon. As companies move away from phone book advertising and onto the Internet, they start by reducing their ad size. By only mining the larger ads you could be overlooking a real gem.
The final task for should be to ask questions to each of the Tucson appliance repair companies you are inquiring:
• How many years have they been in the business
• Do they use original factory replacement parts
• Are they insured
• Is there a written warranty on labor and parts
Looking for a reputable Appliance Repair and Service Company in Tucson, AZ? Give us a call 520-888-7039. .